Click Here to receive the new 2011
Upper Rio Grande Guide
Experience first hand a piece of the past on a narrow gauge railroad tour. The San Luis Valley is fortunate
to have two working scenic railroads available for public tours, the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad and the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. Take a step back in time to the American
West and enjoy the incredible views off steep mountain
slopes while the powerful steam engine chugs along.
This is one experience that
shouldn't be missed!
CUMBRES & TOLTEC SCENIC RAILROAD
||The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad operates 7 days a week. Daily departures out of Antonito, CO and Chama, NM at 10am. Check out the full schedule at www.CumbresToltec.com.
- Moonlight Dinner Trains- 6/2, 6/30, 7/28, 8/31, 9/29,- 5pm
- Cinder Bear Trains - 6/28, 7/12, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/26,
- Cumbres Fiesta Trains - 6/9, 7/21, 8/18, 9/8
- 4th of July Freedom Train- 7/4
RIO GRANDE SCENIC RAILROAD
Photo Courtesy of Tonya Poole
|The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad has many popular routes to explore, including: La Veta Mountaineer, Fort Garland Limited, Toltec Gorge Limited, Festival Flyer, and Potato Valley Explorer. Check out the full schedule at:
- Mountain Rails Live Concerts - 6/16 thru 8/26
- Rails & Ales Brewfest - June 23
- Cumbres Connection - Wed - Sunday 5/25 thru 8/16
- Valley Steam Flyer - Thursdays - 6/21 thru 8/16
- Excursion Trains - Friday Thru Sunday - 5/25 thru 9/23
- Winter Wonderland Express - Saturdays, January - Spring